Internet Explorer is the universal web browser that was originally provided with the Windows operating system, but it is no longer the primary browser in Windows 10. Due to the use of Edge Internet. According to NetMarketShare, a market share site, in August 2016, internet browsers ranked second among global desktop browsers, second after Google Chrome, and for information about internet browsers. Since its launch in 1999, it has surpassed even Netscape Navigator, and was ahead of all browsers before Google Chrome was released in 2012.
Internet Explorer setup information
In order to produce the original version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft relied on licensed technology from Spyglass, which developed an innovative mosaic browser and introduced it to Windows 95 in August 1995. The second release was in November, adding support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). And Cookie, the third version was in August 1996, using the Java programming language and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and according to information about Internet Explorer, all the important technologies that use it are still in use today.
Internet Explorer version information
(IE IE Browser Shortcut)
(IE 1): The first internet browser was released in 1995.
(IE 1.5): The release of Windows NT in 1995.
(IE 2): This version was released in 1995 for PC, and later in 1996, this version was available for Mac OS.
(IE 3): Introduced in 1996, it is suitable for PC and Mac computers.
(IE 4): Introduced in 1997 for PC and Mac.
(IE 4.5): Introduced in 1999, it is suitable for Mac OS.
(IE 5): Introduced in 1999, suitable for PC and Mac computers.
(IE 5.5): Released July 2000.
(IE 6): Released August 2001.
(IE 7): released on October 18, 2006.
(IE 8): Released March 19, 2009.
(IE 9): Published March 14, 2011.
(IE 10): Released October 26, 2012.
(IE 11): Released October 17, 2013.
Internet Explorer interface
The main interface of Internet Explorer includes the address bar, menu bar, favorites bar, and status bar, all of these settings can be enabled or disabled individually through the View menu. Internet Explorer View menu includes an option to change menu items. Encoding, displaying page source, adjusting text size, setting page zoom in and out, the menu also includes Go …, pause and refresh, and the option to display menu and other menus based on information about Internet Explorer: The content displayed in the list depends on a varied browser version.
Internet Explorer interface menu
- Edit menu: Internet Explorer’s Edit menu is quite standard and contains options like Cut, Copy, Paste, and Search Page.
- File List: According to the information about Internet Explorer, the options in the file list are similar to those in most other Windows applications, such as save and save by name and functions, and you can open new windows or tabs through it, including some versions. Notes for editing page code.
- Tools List: This list contains most of Internet Explorer security features. For example, the Tools menu provides access to pop-up blockers, private browsing, and website tracking. The Tools menu also contains the Internet Options command, which opens a dialog box that can be used to change the home page, deselect browsing history, or change the browser appearance. This dialog also contains a Security tab, which can be used to set the browser security level and enable or disable Protected Mode.
- Dialog box: According to information about Internet Explorer, the dialog box in the Tools menu includes the “Content” tab in addition to the previous privacy features, which contain settings related to the use of certificates, auto-complete, summary, and web sessions.
- The Advanced tab provides precise control over all aspects of Internet Explorer and allows users to fully customize their browser behavior.
Internet Explorer mode after 2015
According to the information about the web browser, the information was published by Chief Network Security Engineer Chris Jackson in his tweet entitled (Risks of using Internet Explorer as a default browser), so continuing to use Internet Explorer is risky; Because it does not support new web standards.